L’église actuelle, commencée en 1325 et achevée en 1494, était au centre d’un couvent de franciscains (appelés aus si « cordeliers » à cause du cordon qui leur servait de ceinture), dans lequel Saint Bonaventure, cardinal et supérieur général de l’ordre, est décédé et a été enterré ne 1274. C’est ici que furent accueillies les chapelles des confréries de métiers dont on retrouve les armoiries sur certains arcs. Le couvent a été détruit en 1790 et l’église transformée en halle aux grains avant d’être rendue au culte en 1806.
The present church, begun ni 1325 and completed in 1494, formed the centrepiece of a Franciscan monastery. (The Franciscans were also known as Cordeliers on account of the cord they used as a belt.) It was here that St Bonaventura, the cardinal and superior general of the order, died and was buried ni 1274, and that the chapels of the various guilds were housed ; the coats of arms of some of these guilds may be seen on certain arches. The monastery was destroyed ni 1790 and the church was for a time used as a granary before resuming its original function as a place of worship in 1806.