Les carmes réformés, disciples de Saint Jean de la Croix, dits aussi « carmes déchaussés », fondèrent ici leur maison lyonnaise en 1618. On reconnaît encore la façade de la chapelle, dont le volume est occupé par une cour intérieure. Le bâtiment fut acquis en 1907 par le Conseil Général qui y installa les Archives Départementales. De beaux jardins en terrasse dominent la Saône.
The reformed Carmelites, disciples of Saint John of the Cross, also known as the “carmes déchaussés” or discalced Carmelites, founded their Lyon residence here in 1618. The facade of the chapel can still be distinguished and its entire volume is now filled by an interior courtyard. The building was acquired by the General Council in 1907 to house the Departmental Archives. Two splendid garden terraces overlook the river Saône.