Les religieuses du tiers-ordre de Saint François, dites de Sainte Élisabeth, établirent ici en 1665 le troisième de leurs monastères lyonnais, appelé couvent des Colinettes, du nom de la marquise de Coligny qui les avait fait venir. Occupés au XIXe siècle par l’Armée, comme caserne puis comme hôpital (« hôpital Villemanzy », du nom d’un général de l’Empire), les bâtiments cédés à la ville ont été aménagés en 1988 en résidence pour universitaires étrangers en séjour de travail à Lyon. Le jardin a été rendu public, et la maison du colonel, à l’entrée, est devenue un restaurant.
The nuns of the Third Order of St Francis, known as the nuns of Sainte Elisabeth, established one of their three Lyon convents here in 1665. It was named the convent of the Colinettes, after the Marquise of Coligny, who had called them here. In the 19th century the buildings were used by the Army, first as a barracks and later as a hospital (the "Villemanzy" hospital, named after a general of the Empire) and were given over to the City of Lyon for renovation in 1988. They are now used as a residence for foreign academics staying or working in Lyon. The gardens were opened to the public and the maison du colonel, at the entrance, now houses a restaurant.