C’est ici le royaume des banquiers et des marchands européens convergeant depuis le XIVe siècle vers les Foires de Lyon. Au XVIe siècle, ils prirent tant d’importance qu’on songea à leur construire une « loge » spéciale, bâtie seulement en 1630. Elle fut transformée en 1748 par Soufflot qui lui donna sa forme actuelle avec ses cinq arcades, alors ouvertes. Depuis 1803, le bâtiment abrite un temple protestant.
From the 14th century, this was the headquarters of the stream of bankers and merchants drawn from different parts of Europe to the Lyon fairs. They acquired such importance in the 16th century that it was decided to build a special «lodge» for them, although it was not actually built until 1630. The building was transformed in 1748 by Soufflot who gave it its present aspect with five arcades, then open. Since 1803, it has been used as a Protestant church.